The “Boomerang” travel fellowship has been established to help Australian cancer researchers working overseas to return to Australia to continue their career development.
1. Applicants are early to mid career researchers with a maximum of 10 years past PhD who currently conduct cancer research overseas.
2. Applicants are Australian Citizen or Permanent Residents who are seeking a research position in Australia and will use the travel award for strategic alliances.
3. Successful applicants will present their research at the Lorne Cancer Conference in February 2020.
4. Applicants must visit a minimum of 2 Australian cities and Research Institutions and present their research before or after the Lorne Cancer Conference. It is the applicant’s responsibility to select Institutions and make appropriate arrangements with hosts.
5. The Lorne Cancer Conference will cover up to $6,000 for economy international and domestic airfares and accommodation for up to 2 nights per city. Lorne Cancer Conference registration, accommodation and meal package will be covered.
6. The successful applicant is required to send an outcome report by November 2020 to the contacts below.
Applications for the Lorne Cancer Conference Boomerang Travel Award- 2020 are open from 2rd September 2019.
Application deadline: 18 October 2019
Applicants are required to submit electronically (see application form)
· abstract for Lorne Cancer Conference presentation (following online guidelines)
· curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages)
· publication list
· brief outline of future research plans in Australia (max. 1 page)
· travel plan, selected Institutes and hosts